Curious to know how one of the largest foundations in France operates? Then find out in this exclusive interview how Total Foundation has managed to automate all of its management processes.
- A few facts about the foundation
- What does your job consist of?
- What outcomes did Optimy help you meet?
- What is your biggest challenge at the Foundation?
- Why would you recommend Optimy?
A few facts about the foundation
With a budget of €125 million for the 2018-2022 five-year period, it is one of France’s largest corporate foundations.
Its purpose is to contribute to the:
- Financing of public interest projects in professional and social integration,
- Climate and environment,
- Safety and mobility, and culture and heritage.
What does your job consist of?
The Total Foundation’s General Secretariat manages the Foundation’s budgetary, administrative and legal activities.
- Supporting operational staff in implementing their roadmap, implementing projects and partnerships, and managing their administration.
- Responsible for the budget, management, and flows linked to projects and partnerships and ensures their contractual implementation.
- In charge of the Foundation’s governance (closing of accounts, preparation of the Board of Directors, relations with the supervisory authorities, renewal of operating licenses).
- Ensuring that the Total Group’s internal rules are followed and that the projects and partnerships supported to comply with the regulations applicable in France.
What outcomes did Optimy help you meet?
“Our sponsorship agreements’ production is now highly automated, thanks to the many templates that we added to the tool.”
1. Process automation
Our sponsorship agreements’ production is now highly automated, thanks to the many templates that we added to the tool.
Given the number of projects funded each year, the workload linked to the production of agreements has been significantly reduced. Thanks to the workflows implemented in Optimy, the tool automatically alerts us to all the tasks that we need to deal with for our partners’ follow-up and the management of our projects:
- Our team can manage our framework tasks from within the tool.
- Daily tasks such as a payment to be made to a partner, a project follow-up committee to be organized,
- A partner to be contacted again because a project follow-up report has not been received within the agreed timetable.
Optimy pilots many processes for us. The current operational management has been significantly improved.
2. Data and reports management
Having a centralized database in which our partners are listed, and all the data on the projects supported is stored also has many advantages:
- Sharing of information within the team,
- The ability to respond quickly to questions from the Group on our portfolio or the history of operations carried out with a partner,
- We use the data extraction module to analyze the characteristics of our portfolio on various criteria.
Over time, we have progressively automated the production of many internal or external reports previously produced manually with significant time and productivity gains.
For the past few years, we have also been using the Optimy tool to manage our partners’ calls.
What is your biggest challenge at the foundation?
The Total Foundation favors the funding of multi-year projects. Every year, a new generation of projects (about 120 to 170 per year) is added to the portfolio of live projects approved in previous years. The volume is, therefore, our biggest challenge. Productivity is also obviously crucial. Optimy has been at the heart of the progressive industrialization of our administrative processes.
Why would you recommend Optimy?
“The independence! Today, my team is in charge of the tool’s operational administration, and we only use the supplier to implement major changes.”
1. The user-friendliness of the tool
It is, in our opinion, a major asset. The screens are quite intuitive, and the navigation is quite simple for the users. After a few hours of training, users master the main features of the most useful tool.
We also wanted to control our settings and not depend on our supplier for simple changes. Today, my team is in charge of the tool’s operational administration, and we only use the supplier to implement major changes.
3. Responsive customer support
We also appreciate our account manager’s support, his responsiveness in answering our questions and resolving incidents, and his keen sense of customer service.
300+ Companies Have Already Scaled Their CSR Activities When Will You?